Accountability in Healthcare
This assignment will be at least 1500 words. Address each bulleted item (topic) in detail including the questions that follow each bullet. There should be three (3) sections in your paper; one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear brief heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Include a “Conclusion” section that summarizes all topics.
This week you will reflect upon accountability in healthcare and address the following questions:
- Briefly define an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and how it impacts health care providers:
- How do ACOs differ from the health maintenance organizations (HMOs) of earlier years
- What role does health information technology (HIT) play in the newer models of care?
- What is the benefit of hospitals partnering with primary care providers?
- How does bundling payments contain healthcare costs?
- How does pay for performance (P4P) improve quality care?
- Briefly discuss the value-based purchasing program?
- How do value-based purchasing (VBP) programs affect reimbursement to hospitals?
- Who benefits the most from value-based reimbursement and why?
- How does the VBP program measure hospital performance?
Length: 1500-2000 words in length
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate 7th edition APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.