- Describe your practicum site with respect to the type of patients/clientele served (i.e., age, race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, primary languages spoken, etc) and services provided by the site. Do you think these factors influenced the type of services offered at the site? If so, explain. If not, how do you think services can be altered to serve the patients? (3 points)
Name of practicum site: Peace Hospice.
I have a terminal ill patient: A 91 years old white female. English Primary language, former Amtrak (as cool) employee in early 70’s. Through her carrier, she travelled all over the US. Her cooking experience was more over pre-set menu and house specialty. She used too made salads and steaks to Porterhouse.
- Describe your role at the site as a student pharmacist. What are your primary responsibilities? What projects or tasks have you been involved? (3 points)
Due to covid19 I am attend ing my practicum virtual through zoom once a week. During practicum day I meet with my preceptor via zoom and discus patient states, rolls and regulation, patient confidentiality, hospice employee team duets and rolls and regulation, Then, I have one on one phone conversation with patient. I do a research regarding the topic I have discussed with my preceptor such as music therapy Alzheimer’s disease
- How does your site (and the services it provides) relate to concepts and principles you have learned about in the public health course? Explain. (3 points)
- List skills or information from current courses (other than the public health course) or past courses that you have utilized at your practice site. Explain how these skills or information have been particularly helpful at your site. (3 points)
- Do you feel that this experience will contribute to your professional growth as a pharmacist? Why or why not? Explain. (2 points)
- How has your experience during the practicum influenced your view of the public health system? Explain. ( 2 points)
- What has been the most enjoyable aspect of the practicum? Explain. What has been the least enjoyable aspect of the practicum? Explain. (2 points)
- If you could summarize your practicum experience in one word, what would that word be and why? (2 points)