Research your assigned disorder. Then, develop an organizational scheme for the important information about the disorder.
Create a study guide for your assigned disorder.
Please see attachment for detailed information on the assignment.
** Four references required
** No Plagiarism
Assignment is be based on:
Childhood-onset fluency disorder (stuttering)
· Your Instructor will assign you to a specific neurodevelopmental disorder (Childhood-onset fluency disorder – stuttering) from the DSM-5.
· Research your assigned disorder. Then, develop an organizational scheme for the important information about the disorder.
· Create a study guide for your assigned disorder. Your study guide should be in the form of an outline with references, and you should incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards. Be creative! It should not be in the format of an APA paper. Your guide should be informed by the DSM-5 but also supported by at least three other scholarly resources.
Areas of importance you should address, but are not limited to, are:
· Signs and symptoms according to the DSM-5
· Differential diagnoses
· Development and course
· Considerations related to culture, gender, age
· Pharmacological treatments, including any side effects
· Nonpharmacological treatments
· Diagnostics and labs
· Legal and ethical considerations
· Pertinent patient education considerations