Case Analysis Background
Jamie Drout is interested in perceptions of gender stereotypes within beauty product advertising, which includes soap, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, perfume, cologne, makeup, chemical hair color, razors, skin care, feminine care, and salon services; as well as the perceived benefits of empowerment advertising. Gender stereotypes specifically use cultural perceptions of what constitutes an attractive, acceptable, and desirable man or woman, frequently exploiting specific gender roles, and are commonly employed in advertisements for beauty products. Women are represented as delicately feminine, strikingly beautiful, and physically flawless, occupying small amounts of physical space that generally exploit their sexuality; men as strong and masculine with chiseled physical bodies, occupying large amounts of physical space to maintain their masculinity and power. In contrast, empowerment advertising strategies negate gender stereotypes and visually communicate the unique differences in each individual. In empowerment advertising, men and women are to represent the diversity in beauty, body type, and levels of perceived femininity and masculinity. Her project is focused on understanding consumer perceptions of these advertising strategies.
· Summarize the numerical data using descriptive statistics measures, find proportions for categorical variables, examine correlations, and use PivotTables as appropriate to compare average values.
· Compute confidence intervals for means and proportions , and
· Analyze the sampling errors , possibly suggesting larger sample sizes to obtain more precise estimates.
Write up your answers to this case using the following template:
1. Executive Summary
2. Overview Case Analysis – What’s this case analysis about?
3. Scope of Consulting Work and Report –
· Detailed List of Assignments this case analysis is requesting.
5. Analysis and Findings
For EVERY Case Analysis ASSIGNMENT
· 5.1 Assignment(s) 1 – Statement
· Identify Business Problem –
“Define Problem statement [aka Case Analysis Assignment]”
· Analytics Tools and Models used and results
· Interpretation, Discussion, and Analysis of Findings and Results –
Interpretation, Discussion, and Analysis of outcomes and results of Analytics Tools and Models used
· Tip: Support your Interpretation, Discussion, and Analysis of Results with the numbers you developed in your:
· Analytics Tools and Models used results
· Business Analytics Case Analysis EXCEL model(s) and outcomes and results
6. Overall Case Analysis Findings Discussion
7. Overall Case Analysis Recommendations
8. Overall Case Analysis Conclusion(s)
10. Bibliography and References
this is a data Analytics case study.
Please read instructions and case background in the document and answer the questions for the case.
Please use the case template in the document attached to write out the full case study.
Final submission should include include the excel spreadsheet with supporting data and a full written case in template format with frequency distributions and histograms for numerical variables, cross-tabulations, and other appropriate applications of PivotTables to break down and visualize the data.