pplication: Diagnosis of â€œA Native American Elderâ€
â€œRedâ€ is the name you might use to describe a wide variety of colorsâ€”from crimson to magenta to pink. It is a convenient label, but it might not be specific enough in all cases. Similarly, a principle diagnosis is a label for a complex set of complaints a client presents. It is a classification that also aids in administrative functions such as completing insurance claims and determining treatment options; however, below the surface, individuals with the same diagnosis usually are quite different.
- Review this weekâ€s Learning Resources.
- Focus on pages 96-120 of Abnormal Psychology.
The assignment: (1â€“2 pages)
- Construct a diagnosis for the case â€œDepression in a Native American Elderâ€ or someone from an ethnic minority described in Chapter 1 â€œAbnormal Psychology: Overview and Research Approachesâ€ of your text.
- Be sure to fully justify the diagnosis with appropriate references to the Learning Resources, and include necessary descriptors.
- Explain any additional information that might be significant to the assessment, treatment, and welfare of this client.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.