Revise the organizational charts for two functional areas within a fictional organization, and write a 1–2 page summary analysis in which you analyze the charts you revised.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence. In this assessment, you are required to use the same functional areas you selected in Assessment 1.
The four principal elements of management are planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. This assessment focuses on the second of these elements: organizing.
Managers are often tasked with reorganizing their departments. This assessment gives you the opportunity to create new organizational charts that reflect new structures.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Evaluate how organizing influences the role of a manager.
- Justify a new human resources organizational chart.
- Justify a new organizational chart in a declared functional area.
- Revise an organizational chart reflecting additional staffing in a human resources functional area.
- Revise an organizational chart reflecting additional staffing in a declared functional area.
- Explain how organizational structure influences the role of management in human resources.
- Explain how organizational structure influences the role of management in a declared functional area.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
- Human Resources Organizational Chart [DOCX].
- Human Resources Organizational Chart: Accessible PDF.
- Operations and Production Organizational Chart [DOC].
- Operations and Production Organizational Chart: Accessible PDF.
- Atha Corporation: Organizing | Transcript.
- Use this video to help you complete this assessment.
The resources provided here are optional. You may use other resources of your choice to prepare for this assessment; however, you will need to ensure that they are appropriate, credible, and valid. The BUS-FP3011– Fundamentals of Management Library Guidecan help direct your research, and the Supplemental Resources and Research Resources, both linked from the left navigation menu in your courseroom, provide additional resources to help support you.
- Executive Department Management Instructions [DOCX].
- Doubling Sales Memo [DOCX].
- Presentation from the CEO | Transcript.
- This was the first of a series of videos that set up the context for your assessments. It is provided in this assessment for your convenience.
Capella University Library Resources
- Rao, P. S., & Pande, H. S. (2010). Principles and practice of management. Mumbai, IND: Himalaya Publishing House.
- You may want to pay particular attention to the chapters associated with organizing, which is the focus of this assessment.
The library e-books below contain relevant content on different functional areas of management that you will examine in your assessments.
- Aswathappa, K., & Shridhara Bhat, K. (2009). Production and operations management. Mumbai, IND: Himalaya Publishing House.
- Bogardus, A. M. (2004). Human resources JumpStart. San Francisco, CA: Sybex.
- Hiriyappa, B. (2009). Organizational behavior. Delhi, IND: New Age International Publishers.
- Peterson Drake, P., & Fabozzi, F. J. (2010). The basics of finance: An introduction to financial markets, business finance, and portfolio management. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Sheehan, B. (2011). Marketing management. West Sussex: GBR: AVA Publishing.
These resources are available from the Capella University Bookstore:
- Robbins, S. P., Coulter, M., & DeCenzo, D. A. (2017). Fundamentals of management: Management myths debunked! (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
You have been authorized to hire the new employees in order to carry out the organizational goals you have identified for the two functional areas you are examining in the Atha Corporation case study. For this assessment, determine the allocation of your new employees by revising the organizational charts for both the human resources area and the additional functional area you have chosen.
You can use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to create your revised organizational charts. The organizational charts are given in Word format so that you can make your revisions within the same document, if you choose. Note: For accessible versions of the organizational charts, refer instead to the PDF versions in the Resources.
Follow these steps to complete this assessment:
- Review your managerial directives and parameters in the Executive Department Management Instructions (linked in the Resources).
- Conduct independent research to familiarize yourself with the process of developing organizational charts. You may find the materials listed in the Suggested Resources helpful, or you may refer to other resources.
- Download the organizational chart for the human resources area (linked in the Resources under the Required Resource heading).
- Examine the organizational chart to determine where the new staff resources are to be assigned.
- Revise the organizational chart to reflect the allocation of staff resources to be added including relevant positions from a full range of job categories.
- At the bottom of the revised organizational chart, write a brief justification for your decisions. As part of that, describe the need for the revision, comparing elements from the old and new versions.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Evaluate how organizing influences the role of a manager. was first posted on September 4, 2019 at 3:48 pm.
©2019 “Nursing Papers”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Evaluate how organizing influences the role of a manager. was first posted on September 4, 2019 at 7:14 pm.
©2019 “nursing Writers”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at