Survey research is a common method to collect data in a research project.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, select a public health issue or topic you feel needs to be addressed in your community. Based on your research, respond to the following regarding the public health issue you selected:
- Explain why it is important to address your selected public health issue in your community.
- Define the purpose statement for the public health issue or topic you feel needs to be addressed in your community.
- Develop at least two research questions you would like to answer as a result of your research.
- Design a survey that could be used to measure:
- The dependent variable (also known as a response variable)
- The independent variable (typically the variable that is manipulated by the researcher)
- Explain or predict the dependent variable you will seek to measure based on your research questions.
- Explain how each question relates to the variables defined.
Use the Respond link to post responses and materials that pertain to this assignment. Use the Respond link beneath any existing postings to respond to them.
Assignment 1: Discussion Assignment