Background: Judith and Eric Sultan own a business providing HR decision-making expertise to employers across the nation. The name of their business is HRM Analysis Services. Their business is located in Phoenix and has grown exponentially since 2005. Up to this point they have not had their own employees, but instead hired established consultants (often called management analysts) to work on a project-by-project basis.
They want to hire three full-time management analysts to work in three different locations: San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Miami. The analysts would scout out work in their designated regions and manage the contracting and oversight of contractual consultants.
Judith and Eric plan to keep ownership of the company, but want to step away from the day-to-day as soon as the business is working well enough without them.
The focus of this assignment is to assist Judith and Eric with the selection of three Management Analysts by coming up with a weighted formula of important selection factors. The Job Applicants Table shows the applicants who applied for the position. See What Management Analysts Do for a description of the position.
Your task is to:
1. Develop a formula to quantify the merits of each applicant based on the factors provided. Justify why you gave heavier weight to some factors over others.
2. Develop your own visual/graphic showing how each applicant fared.
3. Discuss your visual/graphic in essay format.
4. Recommend 6-8 applicants to proceed to a panel interview phase.
5. Critique the process of identifying best candidates to proceed in a selection process by using a custom-designed formula applied to each candidate.