Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please read Learning theories: Behaviorism , Operant Conditioning, and Pavlovian Conditioning, Behaviorism (Links to an external site.) and view the required videos Classical and Operant Conditioning, (Links to an external site.) 5 Psychology Experiments You Couldn’t Do Today (Links to an external site.), and Zimbardo Stanford Prison Experiment (Links to an external site.).
Include the following components in your initial post:
- Compare and contrast the general theories proposed by Pavlov and Skinner.
- Examine and describe each researcher’s contribution(s) to psychology theory and practice.
- Examine the major theoretical approaches proposed by the authors including any related research methods and/or assessment instruments associated with him or her.
- Identify potential ethical considerations posed by each theory.
- What could be unethical about either the running of typical classical and operant conditioning experiments or the manipulation of human behavior through rewards and punishments?
Your initial post should be a minimum of 500 words.