1. Evaluate the expanding field of genomics
2. Evaluate the implications for patient engagement, patient portals, and ethics related to HIP and genomics
1. Access the web site: Policy Issues in Genomics
2. Read about the various considerations within the sections of webpage.
3. Answer the following questions:
1. How are ethical considerations being addressed?
2. What additional ethical issues can you think of that are not discussed on this page? List and explain two issues.
3. Access the Informed Consent section. How are ethical issues addressed on this form?
Other questions to be addressed:
1. How do you envision that genomics and personalized medicine will change the landscape of health care?
2. Evaluate the complexity of the technical issues related to managing and utilizing genomic data as discussed in chapter 24.
3. Without discrimination as the framework, preventive medicine and wellness models may desire genetic testing in adults to identify genetic diseases before they cause symptoms. Outline the considerations for the shifts in health care delivery caused by personalized medicine including the management of personalized data.
1. Read Chapter 24
2. National Human Genome Research Institute
3. Information about genetic discrimination and Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act
4. NIH U.S. National Library of Medicine
cite all sources, references