AS Description: Identify and analyze treatment options available for drug, alcohol, and/or tobacco addiction. Identify resources to help people struggling with addiction.
AS Instructions: See attached document.
Go to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. Explore the site; there are many articles, self-assessments and assistance for professionals and the general public. After you have navigated around the site go to the drop-down tab “Understanding the Facts” and select any area of interest to you. Read through the area and create a word document with a minimum of 450 words to express your thoughts of newly gained information from the site in general and the selected area. This response should be cumulative with newly gained knowledge not only from the site but also from the discussion. Be sure to cite in APA format at the end of your word document.
( you can pick Depression as the topic)
ASSIGNMENT 1 INSTRUCTIONS
Unit 5 AS: Treatment Methods for Addiction Instructions
In 1.5 – 2 pages, please identify and discuss three to four treatment options available for individuals diagnosed with a substance use disorder (alcohol, drugs, tobacco). Consider inpatient treatment (rehab, hospital settings, etc.), outpatient treatment (counseling, methadone maintenance, etc.), and other support programs (sober living facilities, 12-step programs, etc.). Compare and contrast these treatment options and how effective they are in treating addiction. Consider availability, access, and cost when discussing these options. In addition, create a list of 5-7 national and community-based addiction resources available to support someone through their journey to recovery.
· 1.5 – 2 COMPLETE pages in Times New Roman 12 font identifying and discussing treatment options
· Create a separate list of 5 – 7 national and community-based resources available for individuals with a diagnosed substance use disorder.
· Use scholarly research and your textbook to support your responses (Two peer-reviewed or government sources required).
· A reference page in APA format
· 10% deduction per day late, up to a maximum 40% for 4 days late, after which AS will score a zero
· ZERO if plagiarized!
· A rubric will be available on Blackboard