This paper/presentation and associated handout gives students the opportunity to explore in-depth
some important therapeutic approaches that are in addition to those studied in the course lessons.
theory to research and provide the class with an overview of information on the
theory including: historical perspective, goals/purpose of the counseling approach, associated skills and
technique processes and special training required.
Assignment Description: Presentation/Discussion/Paper/Handouts
PowerPoint or Prezi, but please use these as an outline, not to read from.
2. Your presentation will include a brief discussion/question/answer period that follows.
3. Prepare an overview paper 5 pages Person Centered Theory (current APA style)
4. Prepare a one-page handout and make copies for your classmates and Professor.
Your Paper should be APA style and be comprised of:
A. Cover page
B. Nine (9) paragraph paper in the order/format that follows (after D)
C. A Resources page that has several references related to this topic. These should
a minimum 4: books or journal articles when available. Original source
websites may also be utilized.
o certification resources (if it is suggested or required)
o If there is a specific technique or skill, briefly describe it step-by-step.
(Also provide this in a handout form if there is a technique/skill that
lends itself to this)
o You may include a high-quality website, but this should be a small part of
the presentation, and anytime you use websites you must be sure they
are valid in information. Do not include personal opinion websites or
D. Prepare a one-page handout related to your topic (provide a copy for each
student). This is useful to keep in files for future reference.
Order/format of paper and presentation
2. Historical Perspective
3. Research into efficacy for what situations; When would you not use this approach?
4. Methods for changing behaviors, feelings, thoughts or all three? OR how does this
skill/technique promote change?
5. Goals and purpose of this counseling/psychotherapy approach?
6. Associated skills and techniques processes?
7. Any certifications or special training that are considered important for application of this
8. Strengths? Weaknesses?
The “Trump Effect” has multiple definitions attributed to everything from racial relations, stock market behavior, and economic environments. President Trump adopts an unpredictable style of