- What is your gender?
- Are you married?
- What is the size of your family?
- How many people do you live with?
- Do you have any people with mental issues in your family? If yes, please explain the related issues.
- How long how you worked as a health care professional?
- Explain the staffing level within your health facility.
- How does your family and friends perceive your work during the pandemic?
- How long have you worked in the health facility that you are currently placed in?
- Does your current job meet your personal financial obligations? If no, please specify on the deficits.
Degree of Concern about the Pandemic
- Do you feel any concern about the current rise in the number of the infected cases?
- How has the pandemic affected your morale at the workplace?
- What are the various safety regulations put in place by your hospital?
- Are you worried that the contact with the patients is increasing your risk of contracting the virus? If yes, how are you handling the situation?
- Do you feel like the regulations within the hospital are enough to protect you?
- Are you worried that you could transmit the virus to your family back at home?
Anxiety Related Behaviour and Perceived Support
- Have your identified any anxiety related behaviour within your hospital regarding the pandemic? If yes, please give examples of such behaviour.
- What are some of the support groups within the hospital that help the health professionals to deal with the current health crisis?
- What are some of the ways in which the pandemic has affected teamwork within the organization?
- Identify cases of distress as a result of the pandemic within your hospital and the various ways in which such distress is dealt with.
- Does your family offer support during the pandemic period? How has the family support affected your mental health?
- Do you blame yourself for increasing your family’s risk of contracting the virus? How does it make you feel?
- What are some of the ways in which you cope with the stress and distress resulting from working in the hospital during the pandemic?
- Have you adapted new stress coping mechanisms during the stated period? If yes, what are some of the coping mechanisms?
- How effective are the various coping mechanisms that you have adapted?
- Do you engage in substance use as a way of coping with the stress related to the pandemic?
- What measures have been put in place by the hospital to ensure the psychological wellbeing of the health professionals as a result of the pandemic?
- Do the hospital staff utilise the health coping strategies put by the hospital institution?
- Who do you talk to when you feel stressed about you’re the pandemic?
Rise in Mental Cases during the Pandemic
- Has the number of depressed nurses increased in the recent past due t the rise in the cases of the pandemic?
- What is the role of the increased workload on the mental wellbeing of the nurses?
- What ways has the rise in the COVID-19 cases impacted the psychological wellbeing of the nurses?
- Have you felt hopeless in your career as a result of the pandemic?
- Do you think that changing the work environment may help in improving your mental wellbeing?
- Do you feel guilty and afraid that you are likely to increase the risk of infecting your family and friends? If yes, how has it impacted your psychological health?