Please make sure to watch the video as well as rubric.
- Prepare a 500-800 word essay using correct grammar and spelling.
- Include a specific personal example that ties together the resource materials provided (#1, 2 and 3 above), while showing you understand the content and can apply to a real personal example situation.
- When answering the following questions, provide a personal example from your life, work, family or friends that ties the videos and HAES principles information to a real-life example that answers the questions below.
- All questions (a – d) need to be fully answered. Do not just provide me a summary of the videos:
- Why is there no reason for a cheat meal or day?
- What is meant by the statement, there are no good foods or bad foods?
- When people disclose they are craving a food or they emotionally eat, what would be a practical tip or suggestion that might help them address the challenge?
- What benefits could our society gain by adopting a Health at Every Size approach?
After preparing the essay, “Save as” a Word document (.docx) and attach to the Essay link above. See Grading Information for Grading Rubric and how to maximize points earned.
Here is the link
A rubric lists grading criteria that instructors use to evaluate student work. Your instructor linked a rubric to this item and made it available to you. Select Grid View or List View to change the rubric’s layout.
Top of Form
Name: Point Range Realistic Approach Essay Rubric
Description: This rubric will be used to grade your realistic approach essay Plagiarism software will be used to confirm academic honesty, confirmed cases of academic dishonesty will receive a zero for the assignment plus an additional 10% points penalty.
|Spelling and Grammar||Points Range:0 (0.00%) – 3 (6.00%)Numerous spelling or grammatical errors||Points Range:4 (8.00%) – 6.5 (13.00%)1 or 2 spelling or grammatical errors||Points Range:7 (14.00%) – 7.5 (15.00%)No spelling or grammatical errors|
|Content||Points Range:0 (0.00%) – 9 (18.00%)Minimal details provided, may lack personal example showing application of concepts. Does not show clear connection or understanding of content shown by unable to apply appropriate example that show understanding and application of the concepts presented in videos and resources||Points Range:10 (20.00%) – 24 (48.00%)Missing a few details and/or lacking personal example showing application of concepts. Content partially aligns with course activity videos and resources for assignment.||Points Range:25 (50.00%) – 30 (60.00%)Presents thorough overview of topic that is insightful and uses a personal example showing full understanding and application of concepts that fully aligns with course activity videos and resources for assignment|
|Word Content/Length||Points Range:0 (0.00%) – 3 (6.00%)299 words or under||Points Range:4 (8.00%) – 5 (10.00%)300 to 499 words||Points Range:6 (12.00%) – 12.5 (25.00%)500 – 800 words|
Name:Point Range Realistic Approach Essay Rubric
Description:This rubric will be used to grade your realistic approach essay Plagiarism software will be used to confirm academic honesty, confirmed cases of academic dishonesty will receive a zero for the assignment plus an additional 10% points penalty.
Bottom of Form