Most, if not everyone, has had experience with a technology-based tool that you found beneficial in work or school. Why was it beneficial? If it was not beneficial, please explain. Now picture this tool, or a new one, for future use. How would this look? Use your imagination and incorporate how nursing informatics would play a role in this future tool. Utilize the Quality and Safety Education in Nursing (QSEN) website for informatics and explain how this organization could standardize your future tool.
- CO 1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population.
- CO 2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
- CO 3: Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes.
- CO 4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
- CO 5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support nursing practice.
- CO 7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse-sensitive outcomes.
- CO 8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care.