- Write an entire SOAP for the well child visit that took place during immersion. For the child, please use the history you obtained during your encounter. For the chief complaint of all notes, you will write â€œwell visit.â€ Please use your AAP Bright Futureâ€™s guide as the main resource for this assignment. Note that pediatrics will require more information than most SOAP notes, including percentiles for Ht/Wt/BMI, and developmental history, among other differences.
- Please plot the height, weight, and BMI for your child on a growth chart (samples can be found on CDC) and include the growth chart with your submission.
- Make sure you include a developmental assessment, and for pre-teens and teens, a HEEADSSS assessment.
- Preferably, use the format described at immersion by using one of the templates in week one of the course. Make sure to include an assessment (diagnosis) and plan. Do not perform a risk assessment, but use actual diagnosis terminology. Be sure to use APA format and include references. Review the rubric before you begin working on the assignment.
Bright’s Future link: https://www.aap.org/en/practice-management/bright-futures
- Upload an immunization record from the CDC website .
- Write in detail all the immunization for your patientâ€™s age as part of the subjective data.
- Upload a growth chart and plot it for weight, height,BMI and percentile.
- This is considered part of the vital signs in the physical exam
- Include anticipatory guidance education per Bright Futures in your plan
- If you plan on administering any new vaccine at this visit, immunization will be under your assessment plan. (anticipatory guidance if the vaccine will be in the future)
Please add the growth chart and immunization schedule as an appendix in APA format.
I’ll be adding a Well child Visit resources document with some of the child Info, Please feel free to make up any data to make it fit into the SOAP note in a coherent way.
The child HT and weight show that is underweight for his age when plotted. Also the child has a severe peanut allergy (Anaphylaxis) and requires an epi pen JR. Otherwise is a healthy child.
Please use the SOAP template to incorporate the word document in APA format.